Salesforce Marketing Cloud is marketing automation software, which helps businesses improve the efficiency of their marketing activities.
KEY TOOLS OF SALESFORCE MARKETING CLOUD
With Salesforce Marketing Cloud, you get a set of tools intended to cover all marketing needs:
- Journey Builder
- Email Studio
- Audience Studio
- Data Studio
- Google Marketing Platform
- Social Studio
- Advertising Studio
- Mobile Studio
- Interaction Studio
DATA MANAGEMENT TOOLS
- Capturing and processing data with Audience Studio: We choose to introduce Audience Studio first as it’s a hub of marketing data that will be further leveraged by other marketing tools. It captures and stores data from all customer touchpoints (e.g., emails, live chat, phone calls, social media) giving your marketing team insights into the audience. From there, they can segment customers based on a variety of attributes and personalize communication by customizing marketing activities to interests and needs of particular segments. This data-driven approach is likely to pay off with more engaged customers and, therefore, higher revenue.
- Gathering insights about customer communication with Interaction Studio: Interaction Studio serves to capture every customer interaction with your brand across all touchpoints in real time. Its power is in delivering the data right when it can be used to the best advantage. With the Studio, marketers get suggested the best action or journey adapted to how a customer’s interaction with a company is unfolding at a given moment. For example, they will be able to personalize product recommendations during an online shopping journey of a customer based on the products the latter has browsed.
- Reaching new audiences with Data Studio: Salesforce offers Data Studio – a data-sharing solution that creates a safe environment for data owners and purchasers to connect directly and exchange the information. Basically, Data Studio is a marketplace of second-party data. This means that marketers have a unique opportunity to discover new audiences and include them in marketing activities. Let’s say, a sports retailer could purchase a database of subscribers to an online workout resource and launch a campaign offering them sportswear.
- Advancing your marketing solutions with Google Marketing Platform: By integrating Google Analytics 360 and Salesforce Marketing Cloud, you start using web analytics data for your marketing goals and gain full visibility into how your marketing moves impact customer engagement. Now, you can not only rely on sales preferences to re-engage with customers but generate marketing ideas and create targeted audiences based on their behavior on the website.
- Doing data-driven marketing with Datorama: The Datorama marketing intelligence platform allows you to centralize all the marketing data, apply AI to draw valuable insights across it and continually polish a marketing strategy based on the results from previous campaigns. Your team engages in strategic planning and creative thinking rather than gets bogged down in routine data collection.
CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION TOOLS
- Targeted email marketing campaigns with Email Studio: Email Studio provides extensive functionality covering all the features required to effectively communicate with customers via emails:
- Customer segmentation capabilities
- Dynamic content
- Customizable email templates
- Responsive email design
- Drag-and-drop editor to create an email from content blocks
- Support for A/B testing
- Preview and test
- Email analytics
- Social studio
- Building social media presence with Social Studio: Social Studio allows companies to build effective social media presence. This is how the Studio might be helpful to several departments:
- Marketers may develop corporate profiles – create engaging content, promote marketing campaigns and communicate with the audience. Meanwhile, marketing managers keep an eye on the big picture and evaluate if a company’s efforts in social media pay off.
- A sales team may start nurturing prospects by tracking posts with an information request and a purchasing intention.
- Service agents may follow the same logic – once they see a complaint or negative feedback in social media, they can contact a customer and set an issue.
- Integrating personalized advertising into your marketing strategy with Advertising Studio: If you are going to invest in advertising, this Studio may increase ROI. Leveraging customer data stored in Salesforce, your marketers can advertise relevant content to customers in Google Search and on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn). For example, in Advertising Studio, one can create upsell ads tailored to the purchase history of customers. As a result, they are more likely to click and move on to shopping – the aim is achieved.
- Effective mobile communication with Mobile Studio: Your team can turn to Mobile Studio to:
- Send mobile messages and push notifications personalized to different customer segments.
- Deliver transactional notifications and time-sensitive messages like password resets, shipping reminders or order updates to mobile.
- Add geofence messages to engage with customers instantly after they have entered or exited a targeted area (the feature will be particularly valuable for brick-and-mortar businesses).