Practice Head – JAVA
- Job Code : TG_IND_ 1202
- Skills : JAVA
- Location : Bangalore, India
- Experience : At least 18 years with the last 2-3 years in the role of a Practice Head in an IT services company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Combination of mentoring, solution architecting, business pursuit, operations and delivery management.
- Should have played the role of a SME / Architect.
- Should have built reusable assets/tools/utilities for the practice.
- Complete ownership of designing new application framework for the given business problem, or understand existing frameworks, analyze further for investigating possibilities for replacing to new framework / architecture, redesign, work on POC and final migration, with testing and feature suggestions
- Should have P&L ownership and carried sales quota.
- Will be required to drive effective strategies for sales and lead generation or Go-To-Market approaches or practice management
- Responsibilities will include planning for lateral resource intake and grooming internal talent based on the business pipeline.
- Will be responsible for building high performance teams and mentoring of resources in the practice for both in terms of the subject knowledge as well as career choices.
- Will be responsible to contribute to (and at times lead) the pursuit process for business in new accounts as well as existing accounts. This will include preparation of proposals, pre-sales presentations, etc.
- Will have to work closely with the pre-sales and sales team, from RFP/RFI and RFQ process and showcase the capabilities of the delivery organization in the financials competency.
- Will be responsible for regular delivery reviews and oversight of engagements that have financial business processes as critical components.
- Will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise in the Java/J2ee area during the pursuit process and during project execution.
- Will continuously evaluate the market opportunities in the US market and enhance the service offerings to address the market needs.
- Responsible for providing thought leadership emanating in the form of discussion papers and white papers to create best in class practices and tools for all client engagement
- Ideally, should have worked in an IT services company with a global delivery model.
- Prefer professionals who have started careers in consulting/implementation projects and transitioned into managing onsite-offshore centric engagements
- Should be conversant with the onsite/offshore model and should be willing to travel for short stints at short notices.
November 7, 2020